ZBAA/Beijing airport authorities have said the airport is now so busy, they will not accept any new requests for charter flights between now and Mar 31, at the earliest.
No official document has been published on this yet, and the authorities have said it will not be published on the Notams either – but the new rule is already in effect.
For GA flights, the same rules apply as usual: maximum 24hrs parking, no ops allowed from 23-01z, and an aircraft cannot have two peak hour slots between 01-14z during one day. Many operators choose to go to ZBTJ/Tianjin instead, or ferry there for parking.
For more information on ops to China, download our Lowdown guide by clicking the image below:
More on the topic:
- More: New US Rule for China Arrivals
- More: China Crew Hotel 101
- More: Ops to Taiwan? You’ll have to avoid China
- More: We Need to Talk About China!
- More: South China Sea Dispute: Impact To Ops
- Latest: How to survive a French ATC strike
- Latest: South Africa’s Unapproachable Approaches
- Latest: US expands CPDLC coast-to-coast
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?