ZBAA/Beijing airport authorities have said the airport is now so busy, they will not accept any new requests for charter flights between now and Mar 31, at the earliest.
No official document has been published on this yet, and the authorities have said it will not be published on the Notams either – but the new rule is already in effect.
For GA flights, the same rules apply as usual: maximum 24hrs parking, no ops allowed from 23-01z, and an aircraft cannot have two peak hour slots between 01-14z during one day. Many operators choose to go to ZBTJ/Tianjin instead, or ferry there for parking.
For more information on ops to China, download our Lowdown guide by clicking the image below:
More on the topic:
- More: Chinese maritime drills might impact flights
- More: Top Tips on China Ops
- More: Here’s something we had Hima-layan around
- More: China Airport Alternate Restrictions
- More: China steps up incursions into Taiwan’s ADIZ