Beijing is hosting the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) on September 3 and 4, 2018.
As a result ZBAA/Beijing Capital airport will not allow any GA/Corporate Jet operations from Thursday, August 30 until Thursday, September 6 unless you are attending the forum itself. If you are, you will require a a sponsor letter from the organizing committee to obtain landing permission.
- There will be no take-off for all flights between 0700-0855L, strictly landing only.
- A maximum of two movements are allowed per hour for all flights between 0600-2355L.
- Governmental flights require an authorization letter from the respective Embassy to arrange handling services.
- Flights with diplomatic clearance can still operate to ZBAA even if they are not attending the forum.
- ZBAA cannot be used as an alternate (except in an emergency) until 6 September (Refer NOTAM E1870/18).
Operators are advised to consider ZBSJ/Shijiazhuang Zhengding airport (139nm away) and ZBTJ/Tianjin Binhai airport (67nm away) as alternative destinations during this time period.
Do you know more? Let us know!
ZBAA/Beijing airport authorities have said the airport is now so busy, they will not accept any new requests for charter flights between now and Mar 31, at the earliest.
No official document has been published on this yet, and the authorities have said it will not be published on the Notams either – but the new rule is already in effect.
For GA flights, the same rules apply as usual: maximum 24hrs parking, no ops allowed from 23-01z, and an aircraft cannot have two peak hour slots between 01-14z during one day. Many operators choose to go to ZBTJ/Tianjin instead, or ferry there for parking.
For more information on ops to China, download our Lowdown guide by clicking the image below:
1. From now until the end of June, ZSAM/Xiamen airport will closed daily between 0010-0610 local time, and business flights will not be allowed to land or take-off between 0700-0900 local time daily as per the CAAC’s regulation (the same regulation applies to over 20 other airports in China including ZBAA, ZSSS, ZSPD, ZGGG and ZGSZ).
2. China’s “two sessions” begins this week – two big political conferences (CPPCC and NPC) that are held every year. ZBAA/Beijing gets busier than ever.
Even at the best of times, ZBAA only allows 24 hours maximum parking time for foreign GA, so expect to get sent to ZBTJ/Tianjin for parking: an Airport of Entry that regularly takes overflow traffic from Beijing.
As the nearest airport from ZBAA, ZBTJ is also accepting more ferry flights at the moment – the ZBTJ airport authority has been told to continue to do so until 30th April.
3. Be aware it’s going to become more and more common this year for Chinese immigration to record fingerprints of foreign travellers who enter China via international airports.