Well, we’ve been up all night on this one. PBCS is a bit of a minefield right now. But, very cool to get so much OPSGROUP input on this – about 100 replies. We have straightened out the Rumours vs Facts below, and this is our best shot at the present picture of PBCS.
Don’t take any of it as total fact, but we have redacted the best picture from the various experts in the group (and there are some great people – we should say a big THANK YOU!).
Got corrections? Comments below …
Oh for the days of HF and a dodgy INS accurate to about 6 miles. Anyhow ….
Results after OPSGROUP input – updated March 16th, 2018
[table id=PBCS /]
These aircraft have Honeywell FMS’s that have the Latency Problem:
- All NZ-2010 Equipped Aircraft – NZ-2010 (NZ6.1)
- Bombardier Global Express/XRS/Global 5000 – IC-810 (NZ6.1)
- Dassault F900C/EX (Primus 2000) – IC-810 (NZ6.1)
- Dassault F900DX/EX/LX (EASy II) – EPIC (NZ7.1.2)
- Dassault F2000DX/EX/LX/S (EASy II) – EPIC (NZ7.1.2)
- Dassault F7X (EASy II) – EPIC (NZ7.1.2)
- Dornier 328-100 Turboprop – NZ (NZ6.2)
- Gulfstream GV – IC-810 (NZ6.1)
- Gulfstream G450 – EPIC (NZ7.1.2)
- Gulfstream G550 – EPIC (NZ7.1.2)
United States – for N-reg aircraft
- Updated Compliance Guide: https://www.faa.gov/about/
office_org/headquarters_ offices/avs/offices/afx/afs/ afs400/afs470/datacomm/media/ A056_Compliance_Guide.pdf
- The Notice for new A056: Curent Notice (being updated with the new deadline of June 30, 2018): https://www.faa.gov/
- AC about Datalink: https://www.faa.gov/
- NAARMO PBCS FAQ: https://www.faa.gov/air_
traffic/separation_standards/ rvsm/documents/PBCS/PBCS_FAQ_ 2018_0129_v3.pdf
- EASA are not requiring their states to issue an approval, although some are, for example the Swiss CAA have an application form for their ‘HB’ registered aircraft (https://www.bazl.admin.ch/
bazl/en/home/specialists/air- transport/operation/aircraft- companies/complex-aeroplanes/ commercial-flight-operators/ pbcs.html) to obtain approval.
- Updated NAT Bulletin (March 2nd): https://www.icao.int/
EURNAT/EUR%20and%20NAT% 20Documents/NAT%20Documents/ NAT%20OPS%20Bulletins/NAT% 20OPS%20Bulletin_2018_001_ Rev01.pdf