The Turkish DGCA has issued a notice relevant to Air Ambulance Operators planning to operate in Turkish Airspace.
All active ambulance flights should, on first contact with Air Traffic Control (Istanbul/Ankara), both landing and overflying Turkey, specifically declare that they are operating as an “Active Ambulance Flight“.
This procedure is implemented with effect 09AUG2016, and in place permanently.
More on the topic:
- More: Turkey: New rules for GA/BA flights
- More: Greece-ing the Turkey: The Aegean Dispute
- More: Istanbul Mega-Airport opening soon – but not for everyone
- More: ORER and ORSU: Closed to International Ops
- More: Country Lowdown: Turkey