Ukraine has extended the ban on Russian registered operators until November 10th, 2016. In an operational notice issued by each of the countries Flight Information Regions on August 9th, Ukraine has extended the closure of it’s airspace to Russian airlines and commercial operators.
The original ban was issued in November 2015, when Ukraine’s Prime Minister Arseny Yatsenyuk declared during a cabinet meeting that “Russian airlines and Russian aircraft are not entitled to use Ukrainian airspace anymore”
The ban is in response to a similar edict by the Russian State authorities, banning Ukrainian flights from operating to and through Russian airspace.
More on the topic:
- More: Ukraine-Russia Spillover Risks: Nov 2022
- More: Is the Fuel Pool Drying Up?
- More: Russian CAA website taken offline
- More: Ukraine Relief Missions
- More: Spillover Effect: New Airspace Risks in Europe