The latest in our series of Country Lowdowns is: Turkey. There have been some changes of late, including an exclusion for aircraft registered in countries without a bilateral agreement with Turkey, from the new overflight permit exemption. Hmmm. That’s a mouthful.
In easier language – if you’re flying an M-reg or a VP-reg aircraft, you’ll probably need an overflight permit.
We publish these Country Lowdowns on a regular basis, and they are sent directly (free) to members of OPSGROUP.
If you’d really like the one for Turkey, just email email@example.com. Or – join the group at opsgroup.co and you’ll get them all as they are published.
More on the topic:
- More: Cyprus: Risks in the Nicosia FIR
- More: Turkey: New rules for GA/BA flights
- More: Greece-ing the Turkey: The Aegean Dispute
- More: Ops to Taiwan? You’ll have to avoid China
- More: Indonesia is intercepting aircraft – outside their airspace