We had another busy OPSCHAT call this week, including the return of the weekly quiz with the help of Quiz Master Dave.
You can watch the full replay on your Member’s Dashboard.
Here’s a roundup of what we talked about:
The Big News
- Cuba – The US Govt is set to lift airport restrictions on US commercial operators in Cuba – the big news is that Havana will no longer be the only option. There’s been no news yet on whether the ban on private ops will be lifted.
- Las Vegas – The three big airports KLAS/Las Vegas, KHND/Henderson and KVGT/North Las Vegas will see very high traffic volumes this Memorial Day weekend. Expect holding and other delays, and consider extra fuel.
- France – Two big events are happening at almost the same time in Southern France – the Cannes Film Festival and Monaco F1 Grand Prix. Special procedures are in place at both LFMD/Cannes and LFMN/Nice airports.
- Europe – UEFA Soccer finals are happening in both Tirana (Albania) on May 25, and Paris on May 28. We talk about the impact to ops, and how to find more info.
- Europe (again) – Look out for the ADS-B mandate which comes into effect on June 7 next year. Unless you’re flying something very small, or very slow, your ride will likely be affected.
East Hampton Airport – has anyone had any luck actually getting hold of the incoming approvals needed to land or use the instrument approaches?
Saudi Arabia – the crew visa is only valid for 72 hours. Is there anyway to get an extension beforehand, that doesn’t cost the earth?
Dave took the wheel this week, and hosted another quiz. Congratulations to this week’s winner who is all the way down in Auckland, New Zealand. Well done! Here’s a sample question from this week: Which major European airport closed briefly last week due to a building fire? Join us next time as we have great prizes on offer, all hand picked by our quirky team!
To watch the replay of the OPSCHAT in full: head over to the dashboard. We hold a new one every week on Tuesdays at 2000z, click here to register and join us live. See you next week!
More on the topic:
- More: June 14 OPSCHAT Summary
- More: OPS CHAT – every Tuesday!
- More: OPSCHAT Summary June 7
- More: OPSCHAT Summary May 31
- More: OPSCHAT Summary May 17