It was another great OPSCHAT call this week hosted by Rebecca, with the help of returning quiz master Dave.
You can watch the full replay on your Member’s Dashboard.
Here’s a roundup of what we talked about:
The Big News
- Sri Lanka – A new VCCF Notam has been issued telling operators to tanker in fuel. A domestic crisis there has lead to widespread fuel shortages along with security issues. We talk about alternative options for fuel stops.
- East China Sea – Unverified footage emerged this week of a missile launch filmed from the flight deck of a commercial airliner. No official sources have released a statement. Real or not, we briefly touch upon the ongoing dispute in the region and what to look out for.
- Canada – Construction is causing delays at CYYZ/Toronto. But in better news, a new list of 47 smaller airports has been published which can now be used as a point of entry.
- Bermuda – A TCAS mandate is on the horizon for next year. Some aircraft will be exempt – we take a look at the specifics.
- The NAT – A military exercise will affect some tango routes on June 1 and 2 – keep an eye on the Notams if you’re flying those tracks in the next 48 hours. [NOW CANCELLED]
Bahamas: The new ‘Click2Clear’ system has left us scratching our heads. Does anyone have solid intel on who needs to use it, and who doesn’t?
EU LISA: That old chestnut. We still don’t have all the answers, but we’ve received a solid update, and discuss the latest we know.
Dave was back to host this week’s OPSQUIZ. Congrats to this week’s winner, “Leroy”. A juicy prize is on its way to you…
To watch the replay of the OPSCHAT in full: head over to the dashboard. We hold a new one every week on Tuesdays at 2000z, click here to register and join us live. See you next week!
More on the topic:
- More: June 14 OPSCHAT Summary
- More: OPS CHAT – every Tuesday!
- More: OPSCHAT Summary June 7
- More: OPSCHAT Summary May 24
- More: OPSCHAT Summary May 17