We had another busy OPSCHAT call this week with Chris in the hosting seat, along with returning Quiz Master Dave and Rebecca.
You can watch the full replay on your Member’s Dashboard.
Here’s a roundup of what we talked about:
The Big Stuff
- Bahamas – The Click2Clear (fast track customs clearance) roll out for everyone is no more… indefinitely. Because it was confusing. We’re waiting for clarification on the rules and a new roll out date.
- Antigua – TMA overflights are being denied (all the bits below FL245). ‘Cross border’ permits are needed. Look out for the Notam on it.
- America – A big political summit is happening, four TFRs across LA basin affecting access to airports here especially KBUR/Burbank and KVNY/Van Nuys ,so look out for the special procedures.
- Europe (in general) – World Fuel Service releases. Something is going on with them. Possibly a fuel shortage or a staff shortage? We ain’t sure. But there are a few airports impacted and we think it extends beyond WFS. LFPB/Le Bourget, LIML/Milan Linate… not accepting various cards including WFS, but other airports across France and Italy have reported problems.
- Italy – Strike season. ATC strike June 8 for Milan ATC and then a general airport worker strike on June 16.
- North Korea – eight unannounced launches in one go! Keep an eye on things, and don’t overfly. safeairspace.net is where we report the changes.
Canada FTL Regulations in Italy – Yes, you might get ramped checked. Yes, they might check your duty hours. But the general consensus seems to be that if it is state approved, and in accordance with your company’s ops manuals, then you’re probably A-OK. They’re generally just checking everything is order, not digging deep into the specifics.
A question about the chunk of restricted airspace over the Atlantic and why – maybe because of military exercises? We’re looking into it.
Dave was back to host this week’s OPSQUIZ. Congrats to this week’s winner, PHIL! A prize will wings its way to you. Here’s a sample question for this week: What are the new standard symbols on US airport charts to show hotspots?
To watch the replay of the OPSCHAT in full: head over to the dashboard. We hold a new one every week on Tuesdays at 2000z, click here to register and join us live. See you next week!
More on the topic:
- More: June 14 OPSCHAT Summary
- More: OPS CHAT – every Tuesday!
- More: OPSCHAT Summary May 31
- More: OPSCHAT Summary May 24
- More: OPSCHAT Summary May 17