It’s going to be mostly sunny and warm (78F, 26C) this week in Bermuda if you’re heading that way – but you should also know they are going to be full non-radar – so plan ahead.
We put together what you need to know.
Firstly, the Bermuda Secondary Surveillance Radar will be out of service for 7 days starting this coming Monday, 29 October, at 1100z (0800L). The NOTAM says it will be back to normal the following Monday, 5 November, at 1700z (1400L).
The following non-radar procedures are in effect (NOTAM – A0404/18 and A0154/18)
- If you are landing at TXKF/Bermuda you should flight plan and expect FL310 or below at the NY Oceanic CTA/FIR boundary.
- Expect possible flow restrictions due to traffic volume and/or during adverse weather.
- Carry fuel to cover “minimum” of 15 minute arrival/departure delay.
- All aircraft must file via MOMON 1 or POPOP 1 RNAV STAR however there are restrictions on which transitions can be used:
- MOMON 1 – Only DASER, ANVER and RNGRS transitions allowed
- POPOP 1 – Only BALTN and JIMAC transitions allowed
- Departing aircraft must file via either the BORNN 1 or SOMRR 1 RNAV SIDs.
- If you are NON-RNAV then you must flight plan to DASER, ANVER, RNGRS, BALTN, or JIMAC (180 nm ARC BDA VOR) then the respective airway to BDA VOR.
A0152/18 – AERODROME INTERMITTENT PERIODS OF HIGH BIRD ACT OF KILL DEERS AND PLOVERS DUE TO SEASONAL MIGRATORY
PATTERNS: THE MIGRATORY SEASON BEGINS IN EARLY OCT AND RUNS THRU EARLY APRIL WITH BIRD ACT AT ITS HIGHEST APRX BTN HR OF 1000 – 2130. EXERCISE CTN WHEN FLY DRG THESE TIMES.
More on the topic:
- More: The Bermuda Triangle: Fact or Fiction?
- More: Do you use Bermuda (TXKF) as a NAT alternate at night?
- More: Bermuda PPR requirements for the Americas Cup
- More: International Bulletin: Hong Kong pain in the ass, Haiti relief operations
- More: Midweek Briefing: Oceanic and Remote Procedures Update, Rome Airport Closed Friday
- Latest: Sanctions-hit Mali bans flights from neighbouring countries
- Latest: NAT Doc 007 Changes Again!
- Latest: US 5G Roll Out: Launch Day, More Delays, New Notams and FAA Buffers
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?