Bermuda will host the Americas Cup from May 29 – Jun 27.
As a result, the airport will be busier than usual, so plan ops and parking well in advance.
There are now a number of requirements for private/non-scheduled flights, applied between May 23 until June 30:
- PPR is mandatory. You must have permission from the Airport Company before operating
- The Americas Cup dates are May 29-Jun 27, but PPR is required from May23-Jun 30.
- The request must be made at least 24 hours in advance, unless you are operating a Medevac flight
- PPR Number will be issued and must be shown in Field 18 of the FPL
- Request the permission from email@example.com, or phone them on +1 441 299-2470
PPR is not required to carry TXKF as an enroute alternate (it’s a popular ETOPS airport), but bear in mind that if you do choose to divert here, recovery may take longer.