AIP SUP A09/18 details new communication procedures for air traffic entering the VHHK/Hong Kong FIR.
The key points:
- Aircraft shall comply with the following communication requirements to obtain an air traffic control (ATC) clearance:
- Pilot shall report the aircraft callsign, position (with reference to reporting point), level (including passing and cleared levels if not maintaining the cleared level), transponder code, and other pertinent information (e.g. speed assigned by last ATC, tracking if it differs from the flight plan route) in the initial call before entering Hong Kong FIR.
Also a small change: the requirement for pilots to report the estimate time exiting Hong Kong FIR on first contact with Hong Kong Radar as stipulated in AIP Hong Kong ENR 1.1 paragraph 2.2.4 will no longer be applicable and is hereby cancelled.
More on the topic:
- More: Seven things about Hong Kong
- More: Hong Kong: New Runway Opening
- More: Hong Kong: King of the Airports
- More: ATC VS PILOTS: The Battle for the Skies
- More: Hong Kong revised entry rules for flight crew