We’re on the hunt for prize Notams.
In every definition of a Notam that exists, including the ICAO one, it includes these words: “the timely knowledge of which is essential“. Unfortunately, many Notam-creators’ sense of the essential shows a clear failure to understand the term . This is CNN’s version of fake news at it’s worst.
Now, we recently found one that listed peak goat-grazing times near the airport, so we thought we’d run a NOTAM Goat Show. And there will be prizes. We’re looking for the worst: the most irrelevant, the most useless, the most boring, the most unreadable. All those crappy Notams that are part of the 100 page print out you get in your flight briefing.
Send us your worst! email@example.com
There will be prizes, and as fun as all this is, you actually are helping to solve the problem of Bullshit Notams. We’re working on it.
More on the topic:
- More: NOTAM 2021 update: progress, at last
- More: Eurowings flight to nowhere highlights Notam problems
- More: NOTAMs: Creating the solution through community collaboration
- More: NTSB: Current NOTAM system is “just a bunch of garbage”
- More: Bad NOTAMS = Runway overruns in Hamburg