We got a couple of reminders that we hadn’t covered this in our weekly bulletin, and … you’re right. So, here’s the details.
So, Runway 4R/22L will be fully out from today until June 1st, and then it will be out overnight until Sept 4th, at which time it will be fully out again.
So, first up:
Phase I – 1st Full Runway Closure – 94 Days (Feb 27- June 1, 2017)
- Runway will be fully paved after this
- Runway will be returned to operations on June 1 with edge lights only
Because NYC Tracon is so tight, the 4R closure also impacts La Guardia and Teterboro, so we expect to see some delays and restrictions there as well.
For your reading pleasure, we’ve bundled all the documents about this into 1 PDF.
Oh and yes, that’s Central Park and not Runway 4R, but it’s prettier than some concrete.
More on the topic:
- More: Escape From New York: How To Get In & Out of Teterboro
- More: Two is Not Enough: New NAT Doc 007 (Version 3) – August 2019
- More: 2019 Updated North Atlantic Plotting Chart
- More: FOCM: Flight Operations Coffee Morning
- More: Why are you still getting the Ruudy6 wrong? Stop at 1500!
- Latest: Pilot Relief: FAA Covid rules in simple english
- Latest: UK to bring in 14-day quarantine for passengers from June 8
- Latest: Eurowings flight to nowhere highlights Notam problems
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?