Last year, Venezuela partly stopped sending out Metars.
This year, they’ve gone one better, and stopped sending out NOTAMs entirely.
Anything with an SV** in front of it shouldn’t be high on your tech stop list at the moment, but for those that do need to operate to an airport in the country, or carry it as an alternate, this is definitely a problem.
How are you handling the outage? Comment below.
More on the topic:
- More: Venezuela: FAA Restriction Lifted
- More: The Finish Line: NOTAM SPRINT 2023
- More: Taking the Trash Out: Let’s fix NOTAMs
- More: US Grounds All Flights After NOTAM System Failure
- More: Venezuela Aviation Situation: Anything to Report?
- Latest: FAA warning issued, further serious navigation failures reported
- Latest: Flights misled over position, navigation failure follows
- Latest: Private Flights to the US
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?