Last year, Venezuela partly stopped sending out Metars.
This year, they’ve gone one better, and stopped sending out NOTAMs entirely.
Anything with an SV** in front of it shouldn’t be high on your tech stop list at the moment, but for those that do need to operate to an airport in the country, or carry it as an alternate, this is definitely a problem.
How are you handling the outage? Comment below.
More on the topic:
- More: Taking the Trash Out: Let’s fix NOTAMs
- More: US Grounds All Flights After NOTAM System Failure
- More: Venezuela Aviation Situation: Anything to Report?
- More: China Airport Alternate Restrictions
- More: Going Viral: The non-Covid nasties to watch out for