HESH/Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt has reopened to international traffic, with a large number of airlines starting services again on 01NOV.
Before the bombing of Metrojet 9268 one year ago, Sharm was the 3rd busiest airport in Egypt.
However, there are conflicting views on security at the airport, depending on your state of registry. Operators from Germany, Poland, Russia have now started operations, but UK government policy keeps HESH on the ban list.
At the same time, Egyptian newspapers are carrying stories that Tourism levels will return to pre-2011 levels within the next few months. Now that’s optimistic.
More on the topic:
- More: New Airspace Warning: The Red Sea
- More: Western Sahara Airspace Update
- More: SafeAirspace: 2021 Update
- More: UIA flight 752: Iran military shot down plane after chain of errors
- More: Kenya airspace threat downgraded