Update: 1730Z/Weds – we have received notification that Portuguese Industrial action may be being withdrawn. We will update and confirm when certain.
LPPO/Santa Maria Oceanic has published four special routes for use during the upcoming “July Friday Strike Series” ATC Industrial Action.
If you happen to be crossing the LPPO FIR on a Friday morning in July, then expect a hefty reroute if you didn’t file per the plan.
The Strike Time Period is : 0700-0900Z, during which time only these four routes will be accepted.
–ROUTE A– 45N020W 40N030W 37N040W
–ROUTE B– DETOX 39N020W 36N030W 34N040W
–ROUTE C– LUTAK 36N020W 33N030W 29N040W
–ROUTE D– ULTEM 27N040W
The cutoff time for these routes is when you enter the LPPO/Santa Maria FIR
Traffic entering prior to 0700Z: unrestricted
Traffic entering the FIR between 0700-0900Z: Must file and fly one of the four Routes above.
Traffic entering the FIR after 0900Z: unrestricted
More on the topic:
- More: FAA Airspace SLOP Mini Guide
- More: Shanwick’s Tango Routes – 2021 changes
- More: Feb 2021 North Atlantic Changes
- More: The North Atlantic Datalink Mandate – 2021 update
- More: The 511 on the Nov 5th ICAO changes
- Latest: FAA warning issued, further serious navigation failures reported
- Latest: Flights misled over position, navigation failure follows
- Latest: Private Flights to the US
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?