BIRD/Reykjavik Oceanic Operators planning eastbound flights across the NAT should be aware of a NOTAM issued earlier by Reykjavik Oceanic/Iceland ATC, that essentially asks traffic to avoid the airspace wherever possible, due to further ATC Industrial Action. Eastbound flights in particular will not be accepted into the airspace unless:
– Destination is in Iceland, Scandinavia, Baltic States or Russia
– Departure point is west of Denver (105W)
Refer to NOTAM A0248/16
We recommend to monitor BIRD/Iceland NOTAMs carefully as similar restrictions can apply in the next few days.
More on the topic:
- More: African ATC Strike
- More: Morocco ATC Strike Cancelled!
- More: No overnight ATC in Suriname airspace
- More: Formidable Shield 2021: NAT Airspace Closures
- More: ATC Farm-out must be prohibited