Notification has been given by French ATC Unions of a Three Day Strike this coming weekend from Friday-Monday, starting at 0400Z Friday 03JUN. This is Strike number 8 this year, and if it goes ahead, promises to be a disruptive one.
As with all previous strikes, reroutes if you are overflying will be important.
Reroutes via Tunisia, Algeria
Tunisia and Algeria regularly open up their airspace to reroutes during French ATC action – and will likely do so again for this strike.
- Tunisia (DTTC FIR): Overflight permit is required (AFTN direct DTTVYAYX)
- Algeria (DAAA FIR): Overflight permit not required during this strike but copy FPL to DAAAZQZX and DTTCZQZX
Reroutes via Shanwick Airspace
Read our earlier post on this: https://ops.group/blog/the-three-sisters-shanwicks-tango-routes/
More on the topic:
- More: How to survive a French ATC strike
- More: New Datalink Mandate in France
- More: The Curious Case of the Bonus French ATC Strike
- More: Movie Stars and Racing Cars: Special Flight Ops in Southern France
- More: Operation Orion: French Airspace Closures