Notification has been given by French ATC Unions of a Three Day Strike this coming weekend from Friday-Monday, starting at 0400Z Friday 03JUN. This is Strike number 8 this year, and if it goes ahead, promises to be a disruptive one.
As with all previous strikes, reroutes if you are overflying will be important.
Reroutes via Tunisia, Algeria
Tunisia and Algeria regularly open up their airspace to reroutes during French ATC action – and will likely do so again for this strike.
- Tunisia (DTTC FIR): Overflight permit is required (AFTN direct DTTVYAYX)
- Algeria (DAAA FIR): Overflight permit not required during this strike but copy FPL to DAAAZQZX and DTTCZQZX
Reroutes via Shanwick Airspace
Read our earlier post on this: https://ops.group/blog/the-three-sisters-shanwicks-tango-routes/
More on the topic:
- More: France switches to ‘ATC by Notam’ only
- More: Nationwide French ATC strike on Jan 9
- More: Three-day French ATC strike this week
- More: Paris Le Bourget – New Requirement to list parking in Flight Plan
- More: Aircraft security search now a requirement departing France