We’ve been notified of an ATC strike planned for France on 14 and 15 September – that is, Wednesday and Thursday this coming week. This follows the normal pattern, where ATC and Area Control Centres and Airports will see union members striking, thereby preventing most flights from arriving and overflying in France during this period.
This is shorter notice than usual for a French ATC Strike, and no confirmation is likely until Monday, but we’d put the likelihood of this going ahead at around 50% at present.
More on the topic:
- More: Slots required at all Paris airports until mid-Feb
- More: New Datalink Mandate in France
- More: TIBA on Australia’s East Coast: What’s Going On?
- More: The Curious Case of the Bonus French ATC Strike
- More: Movie Stars and Racing Cars: Special Flight Ops in Southern France