We reported a few months back that the Airport Authority (AAHK) and the Hong Kong Schedule Coordination Office (HKSCO) have decided to trial an increase in slot availability from 4 to 6 total slots each night. It looks like the trial is being extended until March 2019.
The published details:
Notice on night slot availability (trial from 8 August 2018 until 31 March 2019)
- The number of slots available for GA/BA operations between 0000 to 0500 local time (16-21 UTC) will increase from 4 slots daily to 6 slots daily.
- The application procedure for these 6 slots will be the same as that for the 4 daily slots currently available.
- The above are provided on a trial and temporary basis and are subject to continuous review jointly by AAHK and HKSCO.
- Also important to note, as pointed out to us by our friends at the Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA) – these 6 slots will be made available to all aircraft types, not just the ones currently exempted from the noise abatement regulations. This means that BBJ’s/ACJ’s/Lineage 1000/Globals/G650ER etc can now operate in and out of Hong Kong at night-time, subject to slot availability.
More on the topic:
- More: Europe suspends 80/20 slot rule until 2021
- More: Covid Ops: How To Get Into Hong Kong
- More: Hong Kong Airport relaxes slot rules
- More: No more slots misery at Toronto
- More: Don’t alpaca your bags for Lima – tech stops forbidden!