This summer is going to be worst ever in Europe for delays (so we’re told), which means if you’re going there you’re going to get a nasty CTOT sooner rather than later.
So rather than writing a long and helpful blog post to help you navigate the slot rules, instead we’ve put together a vacuous and infantile story book.
But, it might still help a little to figure out how NMOC (the artists formerly known as CFMU) at Eurocontrol works, how to deal with a bad slot, requesting improvement, how and when to file, and when you should or should not contact NMOC for help.
Once you’ve enjoyed (or not) storytime, be sure to scroll down for some more “adult” links to the in-depth material 😊
Click above for the PDF version (which you can also download directly).
If you prefer, try this “Book” version …
So, onto the adult version… Eurocontrol NMOC have published a really useful guide to slots this month, for the Summer of 2022. Download that here as a PDF (31 pages)
Do you have any other useful links or documents about European slots? Tell us! firstname.lastname@example.org.
More on the topic:
- More: CPDLC in Europe: A Super Simple Guide
- More: Park It! A look at some of Europe’s busiest summer airports
- More: Traffic Jam in Europe: Airspace Bottlenecks & ATC Disruption
- More: Spillover Effect: New Airspace Risks in Europe
- More: Europe CPDLC: The Mandate We Missed