With the worst of Typhoon Hato now past the Pearl River Delta, some incredible footage has been seen showing the storm in action.
The worst affected airports were VHHH/Hong Kong, VMCC/Macau, and ZGSD/Zhuhai, with winds up to 105 knots.
Hato is now tracking away to the west.
More on the topic:
- More: How To Get Into Hong Kong
- More: Hong Kong Airport relaxes slot rules
- More: More overnight slots for Hong Kong
- More: Updated communication procedures for Hong Kong FIR
- More: Hong Kong near-misses on the rise