A little while ago, Russia stopped sending out METAR and TAF weather updates on the international wires for a whole bunch of airports.
This made life difficult for international operators, especially airlines and business jet operators that use Siberian alternates. If you don’t have the weather reports, you can’t use it.
In OpsGroup, one of our members reported that they now had issues getting weather for places like
Then, another member pointed us at this official site – http://metavia2.ru/index.php?lng=en. But to register, you need to send an email, and nobody got replies.
So, the mystery remains unsolved. What do you know? Comment below, or email us at email@example.com.
More on the topic:
- More: Ukraine-Russia Spillover Risks: Nov 2022
- More: Is the Fuel Pool Drying Up?
- More: Jackson Hole Closing
- More: Russian CAA website taken offline
- More: Ukraine/Russia Update: Airspace closures, Flight bans, Sanctions, Routing considerations