A little while ago, Russia stopped sending out METAR and TAF weather updates on the international wires for a whole bunch of airports.
This made life difficult for international operators, especially airlines and business jet operators that use Siberian alternates. If you don’t have the weather reports, you can’t use it.
In OpsGroup, one of our members reported that they now had issues getting weather for places like
Then, another member pointed us at this official site – http://metavia2.ru/index.php?lng=en. But to register, you need to send an email, and nobody got replies.
So, the mystery remains unsolved. What do you know? Comment below, or email us at email@example.com.
More on the topic:
- More: Charter Flights Within Russia Now Require Cartel Approval
- More: Flying within Russia just got tougher – leave your business jet at home
- More: Russian bombers intercepted off Alaskan coast (again)
- More: Japan scrambles record number of jets as tensions rise with China
- More: Russia is not closing its airspace to American flights