Icelandic Air Traffic Controllers are currently in a pay dispute with airport operator Isavia and service organisation SA-Business Iceland. Controllers are at work, but a ban on all overtime has been in place since 06APR. Last week, two controllers were taken ill and, because of the work-to-rule, no cover could be found.
The result was a shutdown of BIKF/Keflavík International Airport, a regular tech stop and alternate for the NAT, between 9pm and 7am.
Similar closures are currently NOTAMed for BIKF and BIRK in the coming days, notifying multiple further ATC strike actions.
More on the topic:
- More: Everyone Loves Greece
- More: CPDLC Gotcha: Clearance Busts
- More: New EU Passenger Screening Requirements Demystified
- More: The DOs and DON’Ts of Controlled Rest
- More: Declassified: New Crew Rules in Japan