Icelandic Air Traffic Controllers are currently in a pay dispute with airport operator Isavia and service organisation SA-Business Iceland. Controllers are at work, but a ban on all overtime has been in place since 06APR. Last week, two controllers were taken ill and, because of the work-to-rule, no cover could be found.
The result was a shutdown of BIKF/Keflavík International Airport, a regular tech stop and alternate for the NAT, between 9pm and 7am.
Similar closures are currently NOTAMed for BIKF and BIRK in the coming days, notifying multiple further ATC strike actions.
More on the topic:
- More: China Crew Hotel 101
- More: Don’t say Hi to Jack!
- More: What is going on in Myanmar?
- More: EU-LISA: Europe’s new pax screening system postponed to 2023
- More: PIREPs of the Caribbean