Icelandic Air Traffic Controllers are currently in a pay dispute with airport operator Isavia and service organisation SA-Business Iceland. Controllers are at work, but a ban on all overtime has been in place since 06APR. Last week, two controllers were taken ill and, because of the work-to-rule, no cover could be found.
The result was a shutdown of BIKF/Keflavík International Airport, a regular tech stop and alternate for the NAT, between 9pm and 7am.
Similar closures are currently NOTAMed for BIKF and BIRK in the coming days, notifying multiple further ATC strike actions.
More on the topic:
- More: July 2020 North Atlantic Ops Update
- More: England lifts quarantine restrictions for travel from 59 countries
- More: Covid Ops: How To Get Into Hong Kong
- More: EU reopens to 14 countries but excludes the US
- More: FAA extensions to pilot regulatory relief