VABB/Mumbai Heavy rain is affecting flight ops at Mumbai airport for the second day in a row. The main runway (09/27) remains closed after a Spicejet aircraft skidded off last night and got stuck in mud, and it’s not expected to be open again until later today – once the aircraft can be recovered.
In the meantime, the other smaller runway is in use. Expect delays until the weather improves!
More on the topic:
- More: Five months of misery at Mumbai
- More: Midweek Briefing 03AUG: TSA/eAPIS increase in US fines, Vanuatu Runway concerns
- Latest: Pilot Relief: FAA Covid rules in simple english
- Latest: UK to bring in 14-day quarantine for passengers from June 8
- Latest: Eurowings flight to nowhere highlights Notam problems
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?