Above is the current lightning map for Europe today; this is the first mass CB/Thunderstorm event of 2017.
These occur regularly during the Euro-summer, and operations in NL, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria get heavily impacted.
Eurocontrol says: CB activity with local Thunderstorm activity forecast over Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Several en route and aerodrome arrival regulations have been applied.
EDDF, EDDM, EDDS, Paris TMA, LOWW, LSGG and LSZH. Moderate to High delays can be expected.
More on the topic:
- More: Park It! A look at some of Europe’s busiest summer airports
- More: Trains, Planes and Fuel-mobiles
- More: Formula 1 & Movie Stars: Special Procedures in Southern France
- More: OPSCHAT Summary May 17
- More: The Big SATVOICE Question
- Latest: Park It! A look at some of Europe’s busiest summer airports
- Latest: Trains, Planes and Fuel-mobiles
- Latest: Formula 1 & Movie Stars: Special Procedures in Southern France
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?