We have changed our guidance for Kenya from Level 3 – Caution; to Level 2 – Assessed Risk. Flight Service Bureau publishes a regularly updated guide to Unsafe Airspace for Airlines and Aircraft Operators.
Until today, the only Airspace warning for Kenya had been the FAA KCIZ NOTAM 05/2016, but a NOTAM issued today by the UK Department for Transport has now added Kenya to the list of countries with guidance. Coupled with Al Shabaab airstrikes by the Kenyan Air Force 2 days ago, and increasing numbers of attacks by the group, the situation may be growing increasingly unstable.
We recommend all operators to monitor events closely.
Updated guidance material August 12th:
More on the topic:
- More: (No More) Danger in Denver
- More: ETA & UPT – What operators flying to the UK need to know
- More: US Domestic Enroute CPDLC Update
- More: Datalink in Europe: What Are The Rules?
- More: “Resume Normal Speed” on the NAT