Update 03Oct: The FAA has released AC_90-117, which is their updated overview of Data Link Communications.
- The United States ATC system transition to a National Single Data Authority (NSDA) is here.
- The changeover will take place on 22Oct at 0330Z
- A single CPDLC logon ID (KUSA) will be provided for domestic US airspace.
- The initial phase is set up to issue departure clearances only
- En-route CPDLC communications within US airspace will be implemented at a later time.
- More details about the transition process are found here NSDA – Data Comm Program
- We’ll post further information as it becomes available
More on the topic:
- More: There’s no “I” in team. But there might be an “AI”…
- More: Safety Net on the NAT
- More: The North Atlantic Datalink Mandate – 2021 update
- More: ALL WE HEAR IS: RADIO BA DA, RADIO BODØ, RADIO BA DA
- More: CPDLC in Europe: A Super Simple Guide