Update 03Oct: The FAA has released AC_90-117, which is their updated overview of Data Link Communications.
- The United States ATC system transition to a National Single Data Authority (NSDA) is here.
- The changeover will take place on 22Oct at 0330Z
- A single CPDLC logon ID (KUSA) will be provided for domestic US airspace.
- The initial phase is set up to issue departure clearances only
- En-route CPDLC communications within US airspace will be implemented at a later time.
- More details about the transition process are found here NSDA – Data Comm Program
- We’ll post further information as it becomes available
More on the topic:
- More: July 2020 North Atlantic Ops Update
- More: North Atlantic expanded data link mandate
- More: Most GA/BA aircraft now exempt from Europe’s 2020 Datalink Mandate
- More: No Room for Error – GNE’s and the North Atlantic
- More: Regulatory deadlines on the horizon
- Latest: Planning for “ATC Zero” events in Oceanic Airspace
- Latest: Understanding the EU travel ban
- Latest: Call for volunteers from OPSGROUP: We need flight ops people
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?