Tropical Storm Nate is currently just off the northern coast of Nicaragua, moving NW at 8kts with sustained winds of 35kts.
It’s forecast to move on towards Louisiana over the weekend as a Cat 1 Hurricane.
Heavy rain expected across Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Honduras, Belize and Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsular.
No airport closures anywhere yet, but keep an eye on the forecast for MMUN/Cancun, as that’s directly in the path of the storm.
More on the topic:
- More: Hurricane Season Approaching: What’s in store for 2022?
- More: Mexico City: Safety concerns
- More: Mexico ADS-B Mandate Coming Soon
- More: The Mexican Downgrade: What’s the impact to ops?
- More: Hunting Hurricanes: The 2021 Atlantic Season