Tropical Storm Nate is currently just off the northern coast of Nicaragua, moving NW at 8kts with sustained winds of 35kts.
It’s forecast to move on towards Louisiana over the weekend as a Cat 1 Hurricane.
Heavy rain expected across Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Honduras, Belize and Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsular.
No airport closures anywhere yet, but keep an eye on the forecast for MMUN/Cancun, as that’s directly in the path of the storm.
More on the topic:
- More: Call for volunteers from OPSGROUP: We need flight ops people
- More: Ops to Mexico? Prepare to get ramp checked!
- More: Mexico’s revamped CAA to make permit applications even tougher
- More: The Changing Face of Disaster Relief Flying – How General Aviation (and Social Media) is Making A Huge Impact
- More: Hurricane Florence: Latest Airport closures and Operational impact