A number of airspace changes, and specific procedures for aircrew and ATC, have been created for Brazil in advance of the 2016 Olympic Games, which start on 05AUG.
Big chunks of prohibited and restricted airspace will take effect in BELO HORIZONTE, BRASÍLIA, MANAUS, RIO DE JANEIRO, SALVADOR, and SÃO PAULO – the focus cities for the games.
The current instrument departure and arrival procedures are not going to be suspended and/or canceled, despite the restrictions imposed by the activation of these areas.
Special departure and arrival procedures have been designed for SBSP, SBGR, SBGL, and SBRJ.
Airports affected will be slot controlled for the Olympics from 19JUL until 23SEP – these are SBBH, SBBR, SBCF, SBGL, SBGR, SBKP, SBRJ, and SBSP. Slots can be arranged directly by operators at the CGNA homepage.
That’s the skinny. If you need the full details, read the 122 page AIC 07/16.
More on the topic:
- More: Sao Paulo’s second airport to regain international status… for nine days
- More: Germany issue new warnings, Manila may not ban GA after all
- More: Boeing 767 shot on approach in Brazil
- More: International Bulletin: B767 shot on approach to Rio, Updated SafeAirspace Map
- More: International Bulletin: Winter is Coming, Updated Canada Requirements
- Latest: Park It! A look at some of Europe’s busiest summer airports
- Latest: Trains, Planes and Fuel-mobiles
- Latest: Formula 1 & Movie Stars: Special Procedures in Southern France
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?