Typhoon Rumbia is expected to make landfall just south of Shanghai early on Aug 17, with gusting winds of up to 55kts.
Just as before with Typhoons Ampil and Jongdari which hit Shanghai earlier this month, both Shanghai airports ZSPD/Pudong and ZSSS/Hongqiao now have restrictions in place for GA/BA flights. They are advising the following:
- All GA/BA aircraft currently parked at the airports must either go in the hangar or leave before 1000 local time on Aug 16.
- All landing and parking requests of GA/BA aircraft are unlikely to be accepted until 1200 local time on Aug 18, by which time the storm is expected to have passed.
- Operators should report outbound schedules of GA/BA aircraft currently parked at the airports as soon as possible.
Best to get in touch with your handler if you haven’t already.
And if you are in the region and have more information to share, let us know!
Extra Information and latest warning texts and graphics:
More on the topic:
- Latest: Asia Airspace Risk: Why North Korea’s Lastest Launch Matters…
- Latest: Navigating the NOPAC Redesign Project
- Latest: US expands CPDLC coast-to-coast
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?