From August 1, fines and penalties for getting your CBP Arrival/Departure manifest wrong will increase. That means, screw up the eAPIS and you are looking at a fine of $1,312 instead of $1,100.
Similarly, the fee for non-compliance with landing requirements at designated ports of entry for aircraft transporting aliens (yes, they still use that word) was $3,200, and the penalty will now be $3,563.
Penalties for certain Transportation Security Administration (TSA) violations have also increased, from $10,000 to $12,865.
As usual there is an original source document published in Russian, available here: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2016-07-01/pdf/2016-15673.pdf
More on the topic:
- More: What’s going on at Schiphol?
- More: What we’re seein’ in the Caribbean
- More: Naughty NAT Conundrums: Volume II
- More: Get in the know about the Farnborough Airshow
- More: OPSCHAT Summary May 24