A little while ago, Russia stopped sending out METAR and TAF weather updates on the international wires for a whole bunch of airports.
This made life difficult for international operators, especially airlines and business jet operators that use Siberian alternates. If you don’t have the weather reports, you can’t use it.
In OpsGroup, one of our members reported that they now had issues getting weather for places like
Then, another member pointed us at this official site – http://metavia2.ru/index.php?lng=en. But to register, you need to send an email, and nobody got replies.
So, the mystery remains unsolved. What do you know? Comment below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More on the topic:
- More: China Airport Alternate Restrictions
- More: Airspace update: The Russia-Ukraine border conflict
- More: What’s the delay in the USA?
- More: Has Russia stopped playing me-trics on us?
- More: 2020: A Record Breaking Hurricane Season