There are some new route requirements for flights to BIKF/Keflavik and BIRK/Reykjavik.
These can be found in the updated version of AIP ENR 220.127.116.11.3.7 which explains exactly how you should file your flight plans to/from both BIKF and BIRK. But to make all this blurb easier to understand, the good folks at Isavia have published some handy graphic presentations of the requirements:
If you follow the guidance and flight plan accordingly, you should avoid any nasty last-minute “FPL REJ” messages!
- You can check the full Iceland AIP online here.
- For a summary of all the NAT changes, including EGGX/Shanwick, CZQX/Gander, BIRD/Iceland, ENOB/Bodo, LPPO/Santa Maria, and KZWY/New York Oceanic East, click here.
More on the topic:
- More: North Atlantic Volcanic Threat
- More: Iceland Airports Reopen to GA/BA Flights
- More: New Covid testing rules in Iceland
- More: Covid impact on North Atlantic diversion airports
- More: Two is Not Enough: New NAT Doc 007 (Version 3) – August 2019