The response to Hurricane Dorian was overwhelming – likely the single greatest aviation response to a natural disaster in history. Without these flights, supplies and relief would not have reached so many, so quickly.
And yet, there are many lessons to learn. We saw a lot of things that went right, and a lot of things that went wrong. And we’d like to ensure that we have a full picture of events so that we can learn those lessons. We’ll share the review with you, just tick the box on the survey.
Hence, this little survey. It’s anonymous. Just say what you saw. About 10 questions – 5 minutes of your time. To jog your memory of what happened, have a look at our Operational Summary from those first days of the relief efforts.
We would especially like input from:
- NGO’s and relief organizations involved in Dorian (whether aviation focused or not)
- Pilots that flew during Dorian
- Flight ops people – ATC, Dispatch, Coordinator, Scheduler
- Aircraft operators (Civil/Mil/Govt)
- Anyone that was part of the aviation response
Thank you for your help! With a better process, we can save lives and get relief flowing more quickly in future disasters.