Effective August 1st, the new charge for overflying the Kabul FIR is a flat fee of $700 USD.
Previously, the charge was $400 USD. The Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority (ACAA) has determined the increase was necessary to support the additional infrastructure costs now that it manages its own ATC.
The fee applies to all civil flight operations using the FIR to transit enroute, regardless of aircraft size or distance flown.
More on the topic:
- More: Who wants to overfly Afghanistan?
- More: Afghanistan Update – September 2021
- More: The India-Pakistan Conflict: Impact on Flight Operations
- More: Afghanistan: Do Not Fly
- More: FAA issues Emergency Order for Afghanistan (Updated)