Ethiopian Airspace concern July 1st: Addis Ababa ACC has issued a number of NOTAMs this week in an effort to reduce the number of conflicts in their airspace. Exercise caution at MANAD and PARIM due poor coordination with adjacent ACCs, and note that airway UA451 is withdrawn with immediate effect.
A new country: South Sudan July 9th: The Republic of South Sudan will become an independent country, with a capital city of Juba. The CAA in Khartoum has confirmed that existing arrangements for Overflight permits will remain in place, in the interim. Landing permits will be available through the new government in Juba. No airspace changes are anticipated initially, with Khartoum ACC retaining responsibility.
VABB/Mumbai Changing to new radar system since July 3rd, some software issues causing occasional delays.
EFHK/Helsinki Combination of Runway works and ATC capacity mean a 30% capacity reduction until July 17th.
KBOS/Boston RWY 15R/33L CLSD UNTIL 10/01/11
KLAS/Las Vegas RWY 01L/19R CLSD UNTIL 08/14/11
HAAA/Addis FIR Ethiopia Airways W16-20 are now restricted to traffic landing at Bahirdar and Mekele only. International overflights should not use these routes.
HUEN/Entebbe is upgrading their ILS between July 18 – 25th – therefore unavailable in this period.
OOMS/Muscat ACC – Re-Sectorisation Trials taking place WEF 03 July until end of August, affecting traffic via RASKI, PARAR, TOTOX and REXOD. No delay impact.
LTAA/Ankara FIR, Turkey Frequency problems in the South East sector are ongoing, meaning a capacity reduction of around 25-50%. If possible, reroute via Iran – KUGOS-TBN-ARI-AGINA
FAJS/Johannesburg FIR 4 new AORRA (Atlantic Ocean Random Routing Area) gates established on the border with Windhoek FIR wef 02 June – NEVEP, ETUDU, ANTEP and DULGO. All traffic entering the area must route via an AORRA gate.
More on the topic:
- More: FAA warning issued, further serious navigation failures reported
- More: Flights misled over position, navigation failure follows
- More: Private Flights to the US
- More: Niger Military Coup: Airspace Reopens
- More: Beware Below: New ICAO Guidance on QNH Errors
- Latest: FAA warning issued, further serious navigation failures reported
- Latest: Flights misled over position, navigation failure follows
- Latest: Private Flights to the US
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?