Popularity exceeds supply at Adriatic Airports July 26th: Parking space continues to be a major issue for many Airports along the Adriatic coastline – Italy, Croatia, and Montenegro. Flights intending to remain on the ground through any Saturday in Summer should request well in advance, and even then stays are not guaranteed. Worst affected are LYTV/Tivat, LDSP/Split, LIPZ/Venice, and LDDU/Dubrovnik.
Ramadan starts August 1st July 26th: The first day of Ramadan has been confirmed as August 1st, and will last until August 29th. During this period, allow extra time for operations in Muslim countries. For permit applications, avoid, if possible, schedule changes and last minute applications. For flight and ground operations, expect a slower pace of work and consquently higher potential for delays.
Lxx/Zambia From July 1st, IATA is now responsible for collecting all Airport Charges on behalf of the National Airports Corp of Zambia (NACL) – billing through IATA Geneva/GVAGIXB.
FQBE/Beira FIR, Mozambique HF power reduced on AFI freq’s 5493, 5634, 6586, meaning more limited range to be expected.
SEGU/Guayquil, Equador Airport Closed for Runway Maint Daily 0530-1030Z 26-30 July
UHPU/Ust-Khayruzovo FIR will have no radar control available 28-30 July due to maint.
ULMM/Murmansk FIR Additional levels available to westbound traffic with effect 22 July – on R360, FL10,100M and FL11,100M now avail daily 0700-1300Z westbound.
EHAM/Amsterdam A new Business Aviation terminal will open for operations in early August. Located at SPL East, it is operated by Aviapartner.
LGGG/Greece FIR Athens ATC staffing problems continue with large delays forecast across the FIR for evening periods this week.
USA – DEN-RWY 17L/35R CLSD UNTIL 08/01/11, LAS-RWY 01L/19R CLSD UNTIL 08/14/11, BOS-RWY 15R/33L CLSD UNTIL 10/01/11
More on the topic:
- More: FAA warning issued, further serious navigation failures reported
- More: Flights misled over position, navigation failure follows
- More: Private Flights to the US
- More: Niger Military Coup: Airspace Reopens
- More: Beware Below: New ICAO Guidance on QNH Errors
- Latest: FAA warning issued, further serious navigation failures reported
- Latest: Flights misled over position, navigation failure follows
- Latest: Private Flights to the US
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?