Controllers at all the ACC sectors were planning to take part, and additional strikes were planned at the local level at at the following airports: LIRA/Rome Ciampino, LIRF/Rome Fiumicino, LIEE/Cagliari, LICC/Catania, LICA/Lamezia, LICJ/Palermo, LIBP/Pescara, LIPZ/Venice
But now the strike has been cancelled. Normal ops now expected at all ACC’s and airports across the country.
- All the latest official information about Italy ATC strikes can be found here. Just make sure you have your Google Translate tool enabled on your browser!
More on the topic:
- More: No overnight ATC in Suriname airspace
- More: ATC Farm-out must be prohibited
- More: Eurowings flight to nowhere highlights Notam problems
- More: Italy to reopen borders for EU passengers in early June
- More: Nationwide French ATC strike on Jan 9
- Latest: Park It! A look at some of Europe’s busiest summer airports
- Latest: Trains, Planes and Fuel-mobiles
- Latest: Formula 1 & Movie Stars: Special Procedures in Southern France
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?