Feeling the crush of operating to London at night? We’ve got some good news for you:
?? Luton (EGGW) will be back to 24 hour operations starting October 1, 2018 ??
Luton has been closed all summer between 2200Z and 0559Z for noise abatement regulations. However, these limitations have been lifted, and all will be back to 24/7.
The nighttime noise restrictions for EGLL/Heathrow, EGKK/Gatwick, and EGSS/Stansted are still in place, making nighttime GA/BA operations to these airports limited.
Here’s a rundown of the current restrictions:
- EGMC/Southend (40 miles away) & EGBB/Birmingham (115 miles away) are the only airports with no restrictions (thus far).
- EGLL/Heathrow & EGGK/Gatwick: Pretty much a no-go zone for business aviation these days
- EGLC/London City: closed from 1030pm to 0630am
- EGWU/Northolt: closed from 8pm to 8am on weekdays
- EGLF/Farnborough: closed from 10pm to 7am on weekdays
- EGKB/Biggin Hill: closed from 11pm to 6.30am on weekdays, and 10pm to 8am on weekends