The summer ban on GA/BA night flights ended on Oct 1, and the airport is now available H24 again.
Throughout last year’s winter period there was a strict weekly quota on how many ad-hoc flights were allowed to operate at night, but this has been increased significantly this year, so there should be no problem getting night slots now.
The nighttime noise restrictions for EGLL/Heathrow, EGKK/Gatwick, and EGSS/Stansted are still in place, making nighttime GA/BA operations to these airports limited.
Here’s a rundown of the current restrictions:
- EGMC/Southend (40 miles from London) & EGBB/Birmingham (115 miles from London) are the only airports with no restrictions (thus far).
- EGLL/Heathrow & EGGK/Gatwick: Pretty much a no-go zone for business aviation these days
- EGLC/London City: closed from 1030pm to 0630am
- EGWU/Northolt: closed from 8pm to 8am on weekdays (although the airport is currently closed to all flights until mid-November for runway and apron refurbishments)
- EGLF/Farnborough: closed from 10pm to 7am on weekdays
- EGKB/Biggin Hill: closed from 11pm to 6.30am on weekdays, and 10pm to 8am on weekends