Aircraft in the eastern sections of the Kabul FIR can expect some radio issues, as a comm unit (VSAT at Ghanzi) is out of action.
- M696 (between GIDOG and LAJAK)
The advice from ATC in Afghanistan is to keep trying the assigned frequency until within range of a different transmitter; in the meantime, a bit of SLOP, IFBP and TCAS should keep you out of trouble.
More on the topic:
- More: Afghan/Pakistan border waypoint name changes
- More: New overflight charges for Kabul FIR
- More: Midweek Briefing: Oceanic and Remote Procedures Update, Rome Airport Closed Friday
- More: Midweek Briefing: NAT changes postponed, Matthew Airport Update
- More: Monday Briefing: Cyclone Ula strengthens towards Fiji, TSA Waiver program changes