On October 12th, GCAA announced the changes to the OMAE FIR. They’ve got it all detailed in the latest AIRAC (AIP link below).
The major change–all aircraft require RNAV1 with GNSS to operate in the Emirates FIR, starting December 7th. This is a change from the previous RNAV5. With that, you can expect changes to SIDs, STARs, all ATS routes, holding procedures, communication frequencies, and others. It’s a major overhaul to anticipate for the expected increase in traffic.
We’ve got for you:
–AIP Link (you can find all the specifics to the changes here)
–UAE ENROUTE CHART
OMAE/UAE TRIGGER NOTAM - PERM AIRAC AIP AMDT NR 13/2017 WEF 07 DEC 2017 RNAV 1 WITH GNSS OPS RQMNTS MANDATED RNAV 1 ROUTES ADDED STD ROUTINGS AMD CONDITIONAL ROUTES ADDED ENR HOLDINGS ADDED WAYPOINTS ADDED, DELETED AND AMD OMR-51 LOWER LIMIT AMD ADDED FREQ FOR EMIRATES FIR. 07 DEC 00:00 2017 UNTIL 21 DEC 23:59 2017.
More on the topic:
- More: Say GooDubai to a runway for 45 days
- More: Middle by Middle East
- More: Has The Yemen Conflict Reached The UAE?
- More: Belarus: A closer look at their aviation industry
- More: The Gateway to the Skies
- Latest: How to survive a French ATC strike
- Latest: South Africa’s Unapproachable Approaches
- Latest: US expands CPDLC coast-to-coast
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?
Basically this should not be a issue at all.
I have contacted Honeywell, Rockwell Collins and Bombardier to obtain their opinion about this.
I’ll keep you up to date soon.