Flight Service Bureau has issued the 2nd Unsafe Airspace Summary for 2017, effective March 26th. Through safeairspace.net, FSB and members of OpsGroup work together to share information on risks and threats affecting Airspace and Airports around the world, and make this information available to all aircraft operators. Read about our mission here.
In this edition, the changes since January 2017 are:
- New advisory (Level 3) for French Guiana (protests, airports closed). 26MAR17 Widespread protests, increasing in size. Avoid travel. SOCA/Cayenne has no fuel available, and per US Diplo reports 24MAR is closed. SOOG/St. Georges, SOOC/Camopi, and SOOR/Regina are closed. Monitor SafeAirspace.net for updates.
- New summary for Egypt (SA-7 missile found), fresh GPS jamming warnings.
- Updated warnings for Mali, Kenya, Pakistan, South Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Philippines.
- You can download the new PDF summary directly (600kb).
- View the map at safeairspace.net
- Join OPSGROUP for direct updates.
More on the topic:
- More: Is TCAS always required on the North Atlantic?
- More: US will not delay 5G aircraft retrofit deadline
- More: Asia Airspace Risk: Why North Korea’s Lastest Launch Matters…
- More: Navigating the NOPAC Redesign Project
- More: US expands CPDLC coast-to-coast
- Latest: Is TCAS always required on the North Atlantic?
- Latest: US will not delay 5G aircraft retrofit deadline
- Latest: Asia Airspace Risk: Why North Korea’s Lastest Launch Matters…
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?