In the recent France AIP August update a new requirement was added for all aircraft inbound to LFPB/Paris Le Bourget to list their parking position and handler on Field 18 of their flight plan.
Mentioned twice in the local traffic regulations (the translation is a little iffy but you get the idea):
Mandatory assistance by approved based companies. The name of the assistant society must be stated in field 18 of the FPL as a remark (RMK).
It is required to the crews to indicate in field 18 of the flight plan, the traffic area of destination and the name of the handling provider.
We understand that this came about due to “much confusion” of the parking stand locations after aircraft land.
Remark 18 should include
- Handler Name
- Your parking stand location (e.g. HANDLER ABC T1 APRON FOXTROT 2)
- For heavy aircraft (A330/A340/A350/B747/B787/B767/C130) apron Golf, Sierra or Foxtrot 3 will suffice. Your local handler should give you confirmation ahead of your expected flight.
- Your handlers phone number.
So it should look something like this:
-N0360F340 OKTET UM733 GIPNO UT26 LOGNI UN854 DJL
-PBN/A1B2D2S1 DOF/180903 IFP/MODESASP ORGN/KBLIHAEX RMK/HANDLER ABC TERMINAL 1 APRON FOXTROT 2 TEL : +3312345678)
Do you know more? Feel free to comment or drop us a line!
Also- here is a video of a Beech Bonanza flying under the Eiffel Tower
More on the topic:
- More: France switches to ‘ATC by Notam’ only
- More: Nationwide French ATC strike on Jan 9
- More: Three-day French ATC strike this week
- More: Aircraft security search now a requirement departing France
- More: Is Athens busy, or does it just hate Business Aviation now?
- Latest: Sanctions-hit Mali bans flights from neighbouring countries
- Latest: NAT Doc 007 Changes Again!
- Latest: US 5G Roll Out: Launch Day, More Delays, New Notams and FAA Buffers
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?