Today Flight Service Bureau has published ION05/16 – an updated Unsafe Airspace Summary, with new warnings for Turkey, and Iran, and a new map at safeairspace.net. This replaces 04/16 issued in August.
Turkey: 23SEP16 Germany B1289/16 Do not plan flights to LTAJ due potential ground to ground firing in the vicinity of LTAJ/Gaziantep Airport.
Iran: 09SEP16 FAA Notam KICZ 19/16 Exercise caution within Tehran FIR due military activity.
New information in the PDF is marked with a I beside it. Please distribute the PDF to anyone you like, we are keen to make sure as many operators as possible are aware of the risks.
More on the topic:
- More: A330 shot at during Covid relief flight
- More: Iran and Iraq airspace restrictions
- More: FAA eases Gulf airspace restriction
- More: Risk assessing Iran ops – the UIA 737 may have been shot down
- More: FAA bans flights over Iraq and Iran following missile strike on US base