Today Flight Service Bureau has published ION05/16 – an updated Unsafe Airspace Summary, with new warnings for Turkey, and Iran, and a new map at safeairspace.net. This replaces 04/16 issued in August.
Turkey: 23SEP16 Germany B1289/16 Do not plan flights to LTAJ due potential ground to ground firing in the vicinity of LTAJ/Gaziantep Airport.
Iran: 09SEP16 FAA Notam KICZ 19/16 Exercise caution within Tehran FIR due military activity.
New information in the PDF is marked with a I beside it. Please distribute the PDF to anyone you like, we are keen to make sure as many operators as possible are aware of the risks.
More on the topic:
- More: Gulf routings set to ease up as Qatar blockade comes to an end
- More: Armenia-Azerbaijan airspace update
- More: New Airspace Warning: Western Sahara
- More: UIA flight 752: Iran military shot down plane after chain of errors
- More: A330 shot at during Covid relief flight
- Latest: US to require Covid tests for all international passengers
- Latest: Testing Times: More than just a stick up the nose
- Latest: We Need To Talk: Some Comms Hot-Spots to Look Out For
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?