One of the greatest gifts of having this wonderful group of people is the ability for any one of us to report something important, and let the rest of the group know. And for us, there is no more important area than Overflight Risk. Since MH17, there has been a constant stream of additional territories that need to be carefully watched – most recently, Kenya and North Korea.
We’ve played around with a risk map for the group in various forms over the last few months, and out of that has come our safe airspace initiative (together with The Airline Cooperative).
OPSGROUP members have been instrumental in figuring out just how to gather this information, and present it in a really understandable form. Often, Airlines and Governments have more information than the private sector, and it can be really tough if you’re the lone dispatcher or single Chief Pilot in a GA/Charter/Business Jet operation. Thankfully, in the group, we have a Noah’s Ark of ops people – and so we get to see it from every perspective.
To join OPSGROUP, visit opsgroup.co/#Join.
More on the topic:
- More: Sudan Airspace Update: A New Risk
- More: Covid: What are the new UK travel rules?
- More: US to require Covid tests for all international passengers
- More: Testing Times: More than just a stick up the nose
- More: We Need To Talk: Some Comms Hot-Spots to Look Out For