Following on from the privatisation of Greek Airports this summer (see our article from earlier in June – Summer of Pain), there are new procedures for Greek Slots.
With delays super high into some of the smaller islands, especially at weekends, attention to the correct slot procedure is pretty important.
The slot you’ll get from the HSCA is valid +/- 30 mins. If you go outside that, then you’ll get a flight suspension message from Eurocontrol that looks like this.
FLIGHT PLAN SUSPENSION ACCORDING TO YOUR FLIGHT PLAN IFPLID 01020304 ARCID N765AC ARCTYP C56X EOBD 160201 EOBT 1945 ADEP LOWI ADES LGMK ELDT 2050 NO CORRESPONDING AIRPORT SLOT WAS RECOGNISED
To get a new slot, or the initial one, the official process is this:
- Go to www.online-coordination.com, check for avail times
- Pick a handler, and ask them to apply for it – use www.hsca.gr to find a handler.
- Refile the FPL with the Slot ID
If you have any issues, you can call H24 this number in Greece re. slots: +30 210 997 2656. And, we think, this email should also work: email@example.com
- For the full rundown on Coordinated Airports and the Greek Slot process, check this document – GABA Slot Allocation 2017.
- See also: (June 1st, 2017) Greek Summer Ops – Prepare for Pain
More on the topic:
- More: Everyone Loves Greece
- More: Big Summer Slots (a Storybook)
- More: Greece-ing the Turkey: The Aegean Dispute
- More: Europe suspends 80/20 slot rule until 2021
- More: Don’t alpaca your bags for Lima – tech stops forbidden!