KZZZ/USA The US has opted for ‘Enhanced Security’ instead of a wider laptop ban. In fact, the existing ban is likely to end once airports can comply with the new rules. The information in the official DHS release is somewhere between vague and zero, which kind of makes sense.
So, the story is pretty simple – there is no wider laptop ban, but no specifics have yet been released publicly as to what exactly ‘Enhanced Security’ means for Aircraft Operators. The DHS will work directly with larger AO’s directly affected.
More on the topic:
- More: Private Flights to the US
- More: Ops in Europe vs USA: The Differences
- More: Optimise your Descent
- More: Airspace Risk: Conflict Zones and Security in 2023
- More: New US Terrorism Warning: What’s the impact to aviation?