KZZZ/USA The US has opted for ‘Enhanced Security’ instead of a wider laptop ban. In fact, the existing ban is likely to end once airports can comply with the new rules. The information in the official DHS release is somewhere between vague and zero, which kind of makes sense.
So, the story is pretty simple – there is no wider laptop ban, but no specifics have yet been released publicly as to what exactly ‘Enhanced Security’ means for Aircraft Operators. The DHS will work directly with larger AO’s directly affected.
More on the topic:
- More: Are you ADS-Being watched?
- More: Is the Fuel Pool Drying Up?
- More: The TSA Waiver Saviour
- More: US West Coast flights halted: North Korean missile threat, or coincidence?
- More: Flying to the L.A. Super Bowl in Feb 2022
- Latest: Park It! A look at some of Europe’s busiest summer airports
- Latest: Trains, Planes and Fuel-mobiles
- Latest: Formula 1 & Movie Stars: Special Procedures in Southern France
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?